Forget the sexual revolution, forget a woman’s right to be “equal.”
Well, PLEASE DON’T forget these things REALLY, but keep this in mind…
None of these ideas play well in the dating world… and there’s plenty of chick lit to prove it.
It’s practically become the bible for single chicks the last few years, and Greg Behrendt's, “He’s Just Not That Into You,” says one thing loud and clear.
Forget everything that Gloria Steinem, Betty Friedan, Mary Daly and your really awesome mother told you.
Yes ladies, tie your corset VERY TIGHT and REPEAT AFTER ME.
MEN LIKE WOMEN WITHOUT OPINIONS.
MEN LIKE WOMEN WHO NEEEEEEED THEM.
MEN LIKE WOMEN WHO REQUIRE A CHASE.
Brehrendt's book tells single women to put down the phone, just smile and wink and he will come to you.
Yep, like I said, lace up that corset and sit pretty ladies, because apparently men are in control of your dating destiny.
(An excerpt from, He’s Just Not that Into You)
• An excuse is a polite rejection."
• Don't get tricked into asking him out. If he likes you, he'll do the asking.
• If you can find him, then he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will.
• Just because you like to lead doesn't mean he wants to dance. Some traditions are born of nature and last through time for a reason.
• "Hey, let's meet at so-and-so's party/any bar/friend's house" is not a date. Even if you live in New York.
• Men don't forget how much they like you. So put down the phone.
• You are good enough to be asked out.
My favorite piece of advice would be that last one… “Hey ladies… you’re good enough to be asked out, and you're even good enough for a nice romp in the hay, but don’t you DARE have opinions or take the lead!"
If you do, you’ll just have to get out the ol’ broom and dustpan to sweep away the remnants of the “relationship” you ruined. You know, that relationship you decided to go out and get yourself.”
Apparently if, “Man like woman, man take control.”
I guess it’s just too bad that some modern women don’t want to date Sasquatch.