Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Your house or mine?


His house pros:
HIM, of course
Free dinner (maybe)
A big backyard
Lots of indoor space
Free use of utilities
Adorable location
Quiet

My apartment pros:
Not having to pack an overnight BAG
All my stuff (MY BED)
1 mile from work
Good use of my rent $
Hang w/ my roommate
Not having to drive

The answer to "Your house or mine?" for most long-term relationship couples is not always simple and often causes problems. "I'm saying home" can be misinterpreted. "I'm too tired" can lead to wrong conclusions. "My house" can sound selfish.

So what do you do when you are homesick?

6 comments:

sprinter said...

Seems easy enough if you're home sick stay at your home. When/if his home becomes yours, then you can enjoy both HIM and your HOME.

Sarah said...

It seems easy, but what I was trying to say is, often it is not.

Staying home sends the wrong message: I need space.

That can lead to: Why don't you feel the same way as I do?

And that can be messy...

No one else feels this way?

Chrissie said...

I totally know what you're saying!

And although I know that I have my own particular reasons for wanting to stay home, that often involve easy access to a clean shower or a quick drive into work... sometimes I'm guilty of assuming that guys want to stay home because they "need space."

I guess the trick is to get back in the habits you had when you first started dating... when going to work without a shower or any sleep was worth the extra effort.

I guess you gotta wonder how important someone is when a duffel bag gets in the way;)

Sarah said...

But living out a duffel bag can take a toll on a person, especially one that's been doing it for TWO YEARS.

At what point does someone decide that it just might be easier to stay home?

Does that mean they've given up?

Anonymous said...

I understand the stress of living out of a duffle bag... I did it for over an year.
It has to eventually come down to a choice of moving in together or ending the relationship,,, "commit or get off the pot".. so to speak... you can't hang out in the middle forever!

Sarah said...

So is it time I give him that choice? He's had two years to decide... Perhaps this might make a better post (To Be Continued)...