Friday, July 27, 2007

STUFF-O-Cating


I lived with someone. We bought furniture together, we had photos of our vacations on the walls, we had a box of Christmas decorations.

When we broke up, I stayed at the apartment, surrounded by all the stuff and ....


IT WAS STUFF-O-CATING!!!!!!


It wasn't the good times that were going to get me from it'
s over to I'm over it... I needed to APPRECIATE why this relationship didn't work...

So... HIS stuff went into a closet and OUR stuff went into the grrrbage. And when he finally took his stuff, I no longer feared the door would open and spill out the contents of the past, the past was over, and so were WE.

I did make a mistake. I kept a t-shirt or two, but my current boyfriend pointed out that he is capable of keeping me cozy at night. So those too when into the trash can.

AND... there was one thing I just couldn't PART WITH...

I got rid of the dog and his stuff, but I kept the puppy!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

zing!

Chrissie said...

What I kept:

The couch, bed, table, chairs, coffee table, photos, emails, dishes, microwave, cat... well pretty much all of it.

Including the "contact."

Even though rule number 1 in post-breakup success is "NO CONTACT," that's just not how I roll.

So Sarah, you're my hero.
For today;)

Sarah said...

Do you really want to know?

First, he's home depressed. But
that only lasts until "the boys" come to his rescue. Next, he's at the bar looking for MY (much younger/prettier) replacement. Then, she's pregnant, and they are getting married.

I'd much rather leave his fate up to my imagination than reality.

TWO MORE WORDS:

GARAGE SALE

Anonymous said...

How did you go about getting the radio gig? Did it involve Mahoney's and CJ?

Alice said...

I'm of the "get rid of everything as soon as humanly possible" mentality. Photos? Burned. Phone number? Deleted. Cutesy knickknacks and T-shirts? To the thrift shop.

I'm also of the "get your stuff back as soon as possible" mentality. Don't give him time to give away your CDs!

Sarah said...

YOU CAN EVEN MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO, apparently, one man coined it ESS: exgirlfriend's stuff sale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoJl7mXRojQ

Anonymous said...

Heck Get Rid of everything ASAP... However, then you are going through something and BAM something pops up that was his... or your new current boyfriend has the same shirt you last saw him with on... GRRR, I hate that... OR the best you have to dial a number on the phone and it's a digit off from his... Even though... You know you deleted it from your phone you notice it as soon as you start to dial...

Anonymous said...

You guys need to change towns, come to New Paltz.

Sean T. McMann said...

At one time, you had even MORE stuff than we moved last July???