Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What LIES beneath Women....


Shockingly, there are lists of things that women commonly LIE about too... So it's only fair...

AskMen.com
says if you think your woman has never lied to you, think again. See if you agree with this site's list of truth distortions!

No. 1 -- The "I wouldn't change anything about you" statement, or the variation "You're perfect." (I'm guilty of this one).

No. 2 -- "Your friends are sooo much fun!" FUN = IMMATURE!

No. 3 -- "Really, I don't mind." No, really, she does mind. So do your own dishes! AND, your own laundry.

No. 4 -- "I love watching sports." OK, so maybe your lucky and landed a sexy TOMBOY. But AskMen says the truth will be revealed. "So, ummm... That MILKY guy is like a really good hockey player!"

No. 5 -- "Your right, I'm wrong." She's really thinking "He'll find out soon enough that I'm right."

No. 6 -- "Nothing's wrong!" (GUILTY AGAIN).

No. 7 -- "It's OK. I understand" during those... ah hem... sexual difficulties times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...this is sooo true. As a girl I say these things all the time. In my mind I am not trying to "lie" though, (and I am sure alot of girls will agree)....I am just trying to be nice to my man.

Sarah said...

I can relate to them too! Especially the "Nothing's wrong" lie.

I wonder if men are as aware of these "lies" as the author of this AskMen article?

Anonymous said...

I always use the nothing is WRONG comment... Sometimes you don't want to talk about the 'little' thing that is bothering you... I guess everyone lies a little now and again... White lies aren't bad when you get into deep and the lie turns into something that can Potentially hurt the other then there is a problem...

Sarah said...

FROM THE WEB SITE in Chrissie's post, I found this:

"lying takes a lot less energy and effort than telling the truth and starting a fight over every issue that may arise."

I see a trend -- women lie to protect and avoid conflict...

Men lie to make themselves look more successful/attractive (possibly due to pressure we put on them).

Is this a fair assessment?

Anonymous said...

that is a very fair assessment... However, I have to read Chrissie's post I began to skim it However, I should get some work done today... Doesn't look like much of that is going to happen...

I def lie from time to time to avoid conflict... I just don't want to have a disagreement and either of us having something to hold over each others heads...

I wouldn't say we put pressure on the men though.. From time to time but no one has to lie about how good they are what they are up to...
Because honestly everything does come out in the wash sooner or later...
Then who looks like the Jerk???