Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I've fallen for fall
Last year, fall wrestled the bikini top and coconut body oil out of my fingers, while I kicked and screamed, "I hate you, I hate you." Fall meant only one thing to me -- no more swimming.
Things have DEFINITELY changed. Perhaps it was the lecture on skin cancer, or the extra fee to use my apartment complex pool, or the research I did on the sewage in the Hudson River/swim at your own risk report... whatever the reasons, Fall can't come soon enough.
The recent cloudy, chilled days made me want to:
1) Stir a cauldron of chili, brown oatmeal cookies, brew a pot of piping tea, slurp brothy soup.
2) Make my Christmas wish list, plan my Halloween costume.
3) Watch movies with thick blankets over the windows, curl up with a book under an afghan, cuddle with Capo, draw a bubbling bath.
4) Brighten my house with gourds, light apple pie and pumpkin spice candles.
5) Pull fuzzy socks up to my knees, get out my cable sweaters and penguin mittens.
So bring on the Fall and bring out THE SWEATY ARMPIT SMELL!!!!
Posted by sarah at 10:16 AM