Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Why I don’t want to say goodbye to summer… yet.

1. S.A.D- It’s been proven, seasonal depression is caused by the lacking sunlight during the late autumn and winter months.

2. SWIMMING- Without any funds for the mid-winter vacation, the end of summer means the end of laying weightless in the pool. Instead, I’ll have to settle for filling the tub and gazing at the rubber ducky instead of Mr. Abs.

3. LONG DAYS- During the summer, there is time for a hike or a nice long walk when I get home from work. As the days get shorter, I will get WIDER because young women walking alone in the dark aren’t exactly safe.

4. MARGARITAS- Tequila makes me crazy year round, but I can’t see myself succumbing to a 20 oz. margarita and listening to Christmas Carols… and I hate Malt Cider.

5. It’s easy to be single in the summer time. Summer-things lend themselves to being alone… sunbathing, reading out under the trees, a pint of ice cream... It’s hard to get excited about warm apple pies and the holiday season when the only person sharing your slice or choosing the perfect tree is YOU.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah yes, but think about the No. of days you can go without saving your legs in the fall ;-)

Chrissie said...

you forget sarah...

that when you're single, you NEVER have to shave anyway:)

vanessa said...

hahaha.. That's not completely true. I've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years and the only time I shave my legs is when I wear a skirt or a bathing suit... occasionally I'll do it to catch him off guard. One think I will NOT skip is shaving the armpits.

Anonymous said...

here, here Vanessa. I do the same thing :-)

Sarah said...

Chrissie, remind me not to invite you to swim in my pool (unless you have on a wet suit)!

Chrissie said...

;)

well when you're single you don't HAVE to shave... but you still MIGHT do it.

i don't think it's fair that we're expected to be completely hairless as women, but that's for another rant on another day.

Anonymous said...

AMEN TO THAT CHRISSIE!!!

It's def. a much easier task being alone and single during the summer! No holidays and no FAMILY! (my family's crazy, so it's nice for the summer break ;)

And I suffer from seasonal depression, being couped up in the house for 4 months can drive anyone crazy!

Bye-bye summer =(

Plus, the summer clothes are so much cuter!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

I dunno, I think there's something to be said for pulling on a big, comfy sweaters! I can't wait to pull them out of the closet!!!

And my fleece sweatpants!!!

Ooooh, I have these hippie slippers I bought in Woodstock I wear around the house.

And I miss my peacoat and puffy vest!

Vanessa said...

and who can forget cashmere scarves... purrrrr.. one of my favorite fall/winter accessories.

Sarah.. I love my fleece sweatpants too. I have old navy ones with cute little reindeers on them :) I wear them as long as I can get away with... Say until maybe March...