1. S.A.D- It’s been proven, seasonal depression is caused by the lacking sunlight during the late autumn and winter months.
2. SWIMMING- Without any funds for the mid-winter vacation, the end of summer means the end of laying weightless in the pool. Instead, I’ll have to settle for filling the tub and gazing at the rubber ducky instead of Mr. Abs.
3. LONG DAYS- During the summer, there is time for a hike or a nice long walk when I get home from work. As the days get shorter, I will get WIDER because young women walking alone in the dark aren’t exactly safe.
4. MARGARITAS- Tequila makes me crazy year round, but I can’t see myself succumbing to a 20 oz. margarita and listening to Christmas Carols… and I hate Malt Cider.
5. It’s easy to be single in the summer time. Summer-things lend themselves to being alone… sunbathing, reading out under the trees, a pint of ice cream... It’s hard to get excited about warm apple pies and the holiday season when the only person sharing your slice or choosing the perfect tree is YOU.