“Singlehood is no longer the place where people mark time until they find The One (or The Next One). More and more, people are living their single lives fully, rather than trudging through a phase they regard as merely transitional.”
Apparently, we get an entire WEEK to celebrate our one-ness with ourselves and boast to everyone who is taken why it rocks to be single, this week and the next.
Here’s how I will be celebrating…
1. Wine. Red wine and an immaculate apartment all to myself make me very, very happy.
2. I plan to see all of my closest friends before the week is out… I spent Sunday with my mom, Monday with ex-roomie, and Tuesday with the BFF, I’ll have to squeeze the wing-men in there sometime too...
3. I plan to dance around my empty apartment in my skivvies and listen to loud music that no one else likes: The Magnetic Fields, Tegan and Sarah, Britney Spears. All the while without the fear that some S/O will pounce and ruin my me-time.
4. I WILL do something fabulous this weekend that involves live music, overly expensive martinis, and obscene amounts of flirting.
5. I WILL kiss someone I’ve yet to meet… it’s my singles-week-end mission. (How exciting is THAT;) ???
Send this eCard
So singles, comment and make all those taken jealous with your weekly plans;)