Friday, September 7, 2007

We have a stage five clinger! - Wedding Crashers


Drawing a line between man purse and girlfriend can be difficult.

A man purse girlfriend is constantly with her boyfriend, no matter where he goes, who he's with or what he's doing. She loses her identity and becomes his accessory. Keys - check. Watch - check. Clingy girlfriend -- check.

Despite my determination, I find myself in similar uncomfortable situations. I fall for the "Why don't you come with me?" line, only to realize after it's too late that I really should have let him go it alone. This generally happens when his friend tells me to do "Ear Muffs".

He's being polite with the invite. But there's just some parties that you shouldn't attend. Golf outings (no thanks)! Co-ed softball (I'll pass)! Sunday afternoon football games (Isn't there a TV marathon for "The Hills")!

What are your rules to standing by your man without stepping on his toes?


No comments: