Friday, October 19, 2007

Cream and sugar please

If only I liked my men like I like my coffee
Light and sweet.

Instead I’ve often been drawn to the dark and brooding…
The complicated Venti-Tai-Vanilla-Swirl-Latte-Thing when I could have been better suited with the Tall-Dark-And-Handsome.

We’re sometimes blinded by the jolt we’re seeking…
We want something strong to bring us out of our single-induced comas.
Something complicated enough to get our gears going.
Our juices flowing.

But even if you’re going on 2 hours sleep and the 64 ounce fanciful coffee is calling your name…
Getting it with cream and a little sugar doesn’t mean you’re settling.



It just means you’re getting something a little sweeter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say this must be one of my favorite blog entries, if not for the poetic componet alone.
Thanks for writing stuff worth reading chrissie! I read your blog everyday it is so nice to read something concerning the issues of young women without it being simple and lacking literay "class" so to speak, your stuff gets me thinking and is also a pleasure to read.
I like my coffee the same way, with the ability to really wake me up, but your right you can have the bold and sweet in the same cup.

Chrissie said...

Aw thanks Anon!

ben said...

writing so efficiently constructed it requires you to think...



that is the delight.

Anonymous said...

What are you trying to say Ben?

vanessa said...

He's trying to say exactly what you just said but not as effectively.

Chrissie said...

i'm actually surprised anyone appreciated this post at all...

i wrote it while thinking... "do you really want to publish this half-thought for people to see???"

so i'm glad it made sense.
i'm glad it seems effective at all... regardless of how people choose to express that;)