"So are Chrissie and _________ still together?"
FRIEND: "Uhh... wait, what?"
"Chrissie and ________, they were a couple for awhile right? Are they still seeing each other?"
FRIEND: "Um, no, no they aren't... at all."
The above conversation was followed by my friend coming to me and saying, "HA! Guess who's your EX boyfriend?!"
If HE was my ex BOYFRIEND, then I really do want to stay single forever.
To me he was:
1. A Jerk
3. Disposable <-- based on his ability to so readily "dispose" of me. 4. Ambition-less 5. An example of "poor judgment." So to hear... that to him, I was his "EX GIRLFRIEND," made me laugh.
Because I think that there are a few things that need to take place in order to be "In a Relationship" for real.
And so, not every encounter needs to end in the proper BREAK UP (email or otherwise).
SIGNS NO BREAK UP IS NECESSARY
1. When you call to "end it," he doesn't know who you are, "Wait, the girl from LAST night?"
2. Your ONE date consisted of contrived conversation, no touching, and minimal fun.
3. When he went in for "the kiss," you turned your head and coughed.
4. His relationship status on varying social-networking sites is, "Married." You, however, are NOT HIS WIFE.
5. A series of emails, phone conversations, and "group dates," ended in absolutely nothing. This guy is your FRIEND, not your MAN... don't make things "awkward" by ending NOTHING.
Comment below and let us know if you've ever had someone you weren't WITH try and break up with you anyway:)