Why letting Mr. Right see you in wife mode WITHOUT THE RING keeps you unadorned with diamonds.
So you live together, you share everything, you’re “practically married,” but you’re STILL NOT.
As this article states, here’s a list of his most prominent EXCUSES.
The top ten reasons why men are reluctant to commit to marriage, according to a new report from the National Marriage Project of Rutgers University:
1. They can get sex without marriage more easily than in times past.
MY TAKE: Who wants to marry the guy who thinks this way anyway?!
2. They can enjoy the benefits of having a wife by cohabiting rather than marrying.
MY TAKE: Sure, and they can enjoy reading a book at Barnes and Noble without actually buying it too, but a TRUE BOOK LOVER/AVID READER will spend the 25 bucks. A guy who LOVES you will go the distance if that’s what you want.
3. They want to avoid divorce and its financial risks.
MY TAKE: “Financial Risks,” like buying an expensive car when they turn 50, or sending their less than stellar student off to an ivy league in hopes of them getting “in the spirit of studying?” Everything is a financial risk, even signing that lease with your “JUST GIRLFRIEND.”
4. They want to wait until they are older to have children.
MY TAKE: This is all well and good, after all they CAN wait. Bottom line though?! Women CAN’T. Our clocks don't tick into perpetuity, if she wants kids and you love her, give them to her before she turns 40.
5. They fear that marriage will require too many changes and compromises.
MY TAKE: Wait, weren’t we just saying that cohabitation has all the “perks” of marriage without the paper statement? What exactly is going to CHANGE SO DRASTICALLY?!
6. They are waiting for the perfect soul mate, and she hasn't yet appeared.
MY TAKE: GET OUT NOW! IF he’s still looking, you should be too.
7. They face few social pressures to marry.
MY TAKE: If all their “boys” are single and 35, and they still refer to them as “boys” anyway, you might be waiting a REALLY LONG TIME for him to come around… if not FOREVER.
8. They are reluctant to marry a woman who already has children.
MY TAKE: Well then, they shouldn’t date her OR LIVE WITH HER EITHER.
9. They want to own a house before they get a wife.
MY TAKE: God forbid the wife have a say in where the house is, what the neighborhood is like, or what the school system has to offer.
10. They want to enjoy single life as long as they can.
MY TAKE: Since when is “COHABITATION” synonymous with “BEING SINGLE” ?!!?! I mean… sure it may have been in MY LAST RELATIONSHIP but if anyone is using that has a “healthy” example, they might want to do a little more research.
What do you think?
Are men really not buying the cow because they can get the milk for free?