Friday, November 30, 2007

THE GOOGLE FACTOR

HOW I OUTED A TWEENER BY GOOGLING HIS NAME

Gone are the days of asking your friends, “Do you know so AND so?! I just started dating him!”

You no longer have to rely on word of mouth to get dirt on your new love interest, instead just GOOGLE them.

Most inquiries direct you to their MYSPACE page which may or may not have them listed as in a relationship (with you;)
But you can also find pictures, videos they've posted online, and their social history.

Maybe he was a rockstar in the 90s.
Maybe he has his own blog where he writes about you.
Maybe he has a family web page where you're listed as "the future daughter in law."

Or maybe he's a liar.
Because you may not always like what you find out…

CHRISSIE TO PETER PAN:

“So, you’re 27 huh?”

PETE: “Yep, twennnnnnnnnnnnnnty seven.

“I have a feeling you were born in 1975, which I believe makes you 32.”

(silence)

PETE: YOU GOOGLED ME!!!???

“Yes, actually I did. And your REAL date of birth was found right next to the reason you were arrested.


(We'll leave out the part where I continued to date him;)

1 comment:

Mario said...

Aren't people naive? They think you'd have to be Perry Mason to have the wherewithal to Google someone.

And for the record, Perry Mason is waaayyyyy before my time -- no matter what Google might have to say about me ;-)
--
http://coarselyground.wordpress.com