Unfortunately when we trade in our jeans and tank tops in favor of more office friendly attire, we also are forced to trade in our former, less professional selves.
And rightfully so.
At the risk of sounding "old," or "boring," or "judgmental," there is something to be said for trading in your pint glass and pub for a wine glass and your sofa.
As we enter the 9-5 doldrums, we're forced to say goodbye to the following:
1. Flashing your friends as they drive by. Sure, it was funny when you were 16, but if your boss is accidentally driving the same car as your BFF, you might not get fired... but you might want to quit.
2. Public intoxication: Our lips get a little loose after 2 drinks, don't consume more than that in a public place or your extent of "loose" might be something worth mentioning in the company newsletter.
3. Late TUESDAY nights: Being hungover at your 8 a.m. class is one thing, being hungover at your job, while dealing with the public is quite another. You can sleep through first period, you can't sleep through an 8 hour work day.
But in spite of all you're giving up, you gain some perks as well:
1. Keeping your clothes on: Means keeping your self-respect, secrets, and imperfections to yourself.
2. Staying sober while out on the town: Not only are there fewer regrets, but you'd be amazed how many bottles of wine you can get for the price of that glass you just paid for.
3. Welcoming the weekend: Saturday and Sunday hold a new promise when every day isn't a party.
What do YOU think? Should we say goodbye to our "partying" selves in favor of more "professional" fun?