Friday, November 2, 2007

Setting amazing standards


"You're amazing."

I had just raked enough yard rubbish to leave a
leafy trail from New York to Hawaii and back. A blister had formed, broken open and hardened.

But when he pulled up to his house and saw what I had done, his reaction was unforgettable.

"You're amazing," he said, as he pulled me into him. "Amazing." It was what I had waited for all day.


----------------------------


When it comes to relationships, amazing should be a standard that both partners try to achieve everyday.

Sometimes, amazing is performing a selfless act like raking your boyfriend's lawn when he's at work. At other moments, it's much more difficult. It's going against your beliefs to understand a different point of view. It's listening to things that you don't want to hear. It's giving in and giving up control.

What's important is not who you are.
It's who you want to be.

I want to be amazing.

No comments: