Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bloggers Block and Best Friends

FRIEND: “So what does this mean for your blog?! What are you going to write about now?”

ME: “I dunno... I’ve got an arsenal of past experiences that might make for good reading.”

FRIEND: “Yeah, but your experiences with jerks were what made your posts interesting...

ME: “So you’re saying that I can’t blog anymore because I’m happy?”

FRIEND: “No, I’m not saying that at all! You can blog all you want, I’m just saying I’m not going to read it.”




What's there to do when conflict is your muse and you find yourself content?

7 comments:

vanessa said...

Well of course you know what you have to do now right?

Break up with your man and start dating jerks you meet at the bar again.

Just kidding. We definitely dont want you to do THAT. Its not good for you, or your sanity.

Sarah said...

Oh Chrissie, trust me, whether you date this man for six months or end up with him forever, he will give you plenty to write about :-)

Chrissie said...

Ha! I blogged about being happy and you two ladies assumed that meant I'd found a man;)

Anonymous said...

I think the problem is negative events and emotions leave a deeper mark then happy ones. Maybe thats why its so hard to write about bliss without sounding like a corny hallmark card but on the other hand being happy changes the way you look at things. negative opinons change to positive ones and vise versa and I bet that change alone is enough to get a couple of good blog entries out of ya.

madelena said...

Yeah Chrissie! Just because you're happy doesn't necessarily = a man.. geesh!

"French writer. Total loser. Never had a real job. Unrequited love affairs. Gay. Spent 20 years writing a book almost no one reads. But he's also probably the greatest writer since Shakespeare. Anyway, he gets down to the end of his life, and he looks back and decides that all those years he suffered, Those were the best years of his life, 'cause they made him who he was. All those years he was happy? You know, total waste. Didn't learn a thing" - Little Miss Sunshine

Sarah said...

So why is our chrissie happy :-)

Sorry I couldn't resist...

Chrissie said...

no comment

;)