Wednesday, January 2, 2008

He’s gone.


Gone... on vacation.

And although you’ve spent YEARS alone, you’ve spent the last few months with him… and the next seven days without him seem more like an eternity.

But while sleeping with a pillow wearing his t-shirt isn't quite as good as the real thing...

There are definitely a few things you can enjoy while HE'S GONE.


1. You no longer have to rush home after work, shower (again) apply make up (again) and find something cute to wear (again). You can instead rush home from work and put on some disgusting combination of his sweatshirt and your leggings.

2. Shaving: you don’t have to do it. You don’t need to shave a single thing… because if he’s “the one,” you’ll be shaving everyday after his return, for eternity (or until the death of romance).

3. Enjoy your friends again, the ones that you threw to the wayside when he arrived… the ones that know that’s “okay” because they promise to do it when they find a guy too.

4. Clean your closets, refrigerator, and for the love of everything, WASH YOUR CURTAINS. It’s a lot easier to do these things when the alternative is “Or I could go take a nap” rather than “Well, I could hand wash the curtains, or let him take me out to dinner.”

5. Revel in the fact that it feels so damn good not to shave.

6. Enjoy the art of harmless flirtation. It's a lot easier to do without a man on your arm.

7. Get silly. If I've found one HUGE difference in my interactions with men VS women, it's that women aren't afraid to get silly. So grab your most light-hearted girlfriends, get on the dance floor and do the fishing pole while he's away, because most guys would rather sway in the dark corner, waiting for the time to go home.

8. Go on dates with other men who ask you.
(just kidding).

9. __________________

10. _________________


I've left #s 9 and 10 for you to comment... (and I need advice, my legs are beginning to look like Sasquatch's and my apartment has never been more organized).

What do YOU do when THE ONE is away???

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You're going to laugh at me, but this is why I've taken a liking to old lady crafts.

I make pillows. I scrapbook. And now, with my new sewing machine, I will learn to quilt.

I'm not into washing curtains, I make new ones :-) I can give you a lesson, if you want.

Chrissie said...

Ahhh... yes, the art of pillow making.

I don't know if that's "ME" so much... I tried to get single-bored-self into knitting but I ended up leaving Michael's craft store and heading to Barnes and Noble for a book and then the liquor store for a bottle of wine.

Hmm... maybe that's number 9... "DRUNK READING."

;)

Vanessa said...

When I get home alone time I tend to go on cleaning and organizing binges... but thats no different than normal. Except he's not home to blare the TV over the vacuum.

And I also sleep late, eat choc cake for breakfast and lay on the couch all day watching HGTV. THE LIFE! But thats gets tiring after a day or so, so I'm happy when he gets home to take the remote away.

Chrissie said...

Ahhh yes, the chocolate cake for breakfast... I've been eating truffles for lunch AND dinner... and the occasional twix for a "snack."

He's going to come home from vacation to a "NEW ME" <-- a little more cellulite and chub;)

breathe0420 said...

I hate when the man leaves. Even if it's for the weekend. The noises the smells evrything seems to disappear. Before he leaves I spray everything with his cologne and steal some of his clothes. Then it's girl time. Get in his clothes and invite the girls over for movies and wine. If that doesn't work you can always go to Mahoney's and do the crab across the floor!

Courtney said...

Oh I love the time to myself. I can watch MY shows that Im not allowed to when hes home. I can bum out on the couch all day without feeling guilty. I can paint my nails, get laundry done and clean. I love the house to be clean, but when hes home I never want to do it, I just want to spent time with him. Milk it for all its worth and before you know it-he'll be back!

Chrissie said...

i'm trying to milk it... and i'm getting in some extra friend time which is nice...

but i can't help but think that all this lounging around and the America's Next Top Model marathon might make me want to be alone more often;)