Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Gone... on vacation.
And although you’ve spent YEARS alone, you’ve spent the last few months with him… and the next seven days without him seem more like an eternity.
But while sleeping with a pillow wearing his t-shirt isn't quite as good as the real thing...
There are definitely a few things you can enjoy while HE'S GONE.
1. You no longer have to rush home after work, shower (again) apply make up (again) and find something cute to wear (again). You can instead rush home from work and put on some disgusting combination of his sweatshirt and your leggings.
2. Shaving: you don’t have to do it. You don’t need to shave a single thing… because if he’s “the one,” you’ll be shaving everyday after his return, for eternity (or until the death of romance).
3. Enjoy your friends again, the ones that you threw to the wayside when he arrived… the ones that know that’s “okay” because they promise to do it when they find a guy too.
4. Clean your closets, refrigerator, and for the love of everything, WASH YOUR CURTAINS. It’s a lot easier to do these things when the alternative is “Or I could go take a nap” rather than “Well, I could hand wash the curtains, or let him take me out to dinner.”
5. Revel in the fact that it feels so damn good not to shave.
6. Enjoy the art of harmless flirtation. It's a lot easier to do without a man on your arm.
7. Get silly. If I've found one HUGE difference in my interactions with men VS women, it's that women aren't afraid to get silly. So grab your most light-hearted girlfriends, get on the dance floor and do the fishing pole while he's away, because most guys would rather sway in the dark corner, waiting for the time to go home.
8. Go on dates with other men who ask you.
I've left #s 9 and 10 for you to comment... (and I need advice, my legs are beginning to look like Sasquatch's and my apartment has never been more organized).
What do YOU do when THE ONE is away???