Monday, March 24, 2008

Snug Sundays

I'm going to give you a sneaky peak into
what makes me want to
put my Sunday nights on pause.


This scene:

C. sprawled on the king-sized pillow
I sewed especially for our fireplace canoodling.
Capo nestled in his favorite nook.
The house filled with the smell of roasting wood.

After I took this photo, I found my spot, tucked under
C.'s smile and I listened to the flames until I drifted off to sleep.

Sadly, C & I shared our last fireplace snuggle of the season last night.
Our bodies seemed to sense the end.
There was extra hugging and kissing and exchanging sweet words.

Pretty soon, we'll be wearing sweat drenched tees, panting in front of fans,
afraid that touching one another would mean sticking together
like bubble gum to an unsuspecting shoe.

I woke up this morning feeling a sense of great loss.

And I started devising my strategic approach...







I figured I'll come in from the left. Throw the pooch on first and
slide in, maybe with an arm under his head and a leg on the ground.

If I'm lucky, we both won't end up with a mouth full of sand.


DO YOU HAVE A SUNDAY SANCTUARY?


1 comment:

bigbucketgirl said...

that post is brilliant! if it were me..the hammock thing would give way and i'd slam to the floor breaking my nose and bleeding all over the hunk!
Hope your plan works out a lot better!