TOP TEN REASONS I'M NOT READY FOR A BABY
1. MONEY: Babies cost A LOT of money. And in order to offset the baby cost, I'd have to move back in with my parents.
2. MARRIAGE: To each his own, but I think babies should come AFTER the nuptials and I don't see a marriage in the near future or a ring on my finger any time soon.
3. ANXIETY: I get nervous when I have an interview planned for the next day, I can't imagine the anxiety that goes along with having a LIVING BEING inside of me for NINE MONTHS.
4. "YOU TIME:" All that ME TIME would disappear and I'd suddenly be all about the baby. It would certainly run the household... (or my parents home at least, since I'd be living there again).
5. SLEEP: I don't get enough of it as it is, and I'm often guilty of sleeping in the ladies room for 15 minute power naps. I don't want to know what would happen if I were up every two hours each night...
6. BABY NAMES: I almost named my cat, Oprah Winfrey, I am obviously not ready to name a human being.
7. THE CUTE FACTOR wears off for me in about 10 minutes... "Oh, it's so small! And cute... and yep... small and cute. Here, take it back, I'm bored."
8. A CRIB: My crib, fits 2 people uncomfortably... and I'm not quite ready to trade in my papasan chair for a bassinet.
9. DIAPERS: I don't like the idea of disposable diapers, yet I hate the idea of washing cloth ones. I think I need to determine my GREEN FACTOR for parenting before I create my own little eco-enemy.
10. THE FIGURE: I've yet to achieve any fitness goals, ever. I think I should look my "best" at one point in my life before I give and and mark my belly with the "baby evidence" forever.
As if these reasons aren't enough, comment below and tell me why you're just saying no to babies... or perhaps why you are saying YES.