Thursday, May 22, 2008

A well deserved vacation

It may not be a week in the Bahama's, but this Bloggin' Mama is on her way OUT of Poughkeepsie.

In light of my impending birthday, the long weekend, and the celebration of all things "we," I will be out of the blogosphere for the coming week and although I will miss you, I'm sure I will be fine.

But, as this is the second weekend getaway with the man, I could use a little advice.

Hit me up in the comments section if you think my list of what to pack is missing something:

1. SPF 15
2. A few tops and jeans
3. A dress I won't wear, but think I should bring "just in case."
4. A few dollars for the things he won't be purchasing.
5. A planned engagement acceptance speech, written on a restaurant napkin, tucked neatly away in said jeans.
6. A cooler, a cozie, and a corkscrew.
7. My cell phone charger, in the event my phone is dead and I need to be rescued from a vacation disaster.
8. A look of "surprise" for said proposal.
9. A look of appreciation even if the weather sucks.
10. ___________________________.



So now you know I will miss you...
And tell me what I missed.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

I could be more helpful if you had said where you were going. A bathing suit may not be good attire advice if you're going to say, Antarctica. But knowing you I'm pretty certain that isn't so.

Also make sure to bring a sweater/sweatshirt. For some reason on almost every vacation I've ever taken, I always needed one, and never had one. So as you may be able to guess I have a collection of hoodies from around the US.

vanessa said...

You could probably X out #5 because when it happens everything you've thought you'd say has been reduced to tears and screaches of happiness. Just make sure you remember to say "yes". I apparently forgot to get that out. hahaha.

sarah said...

a box made of cement when the threat of a tornado looms. Oh wait, that was my trip. :-)