Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Us

"Oh my God that's so US!"

I lost count of the number of times the estrogen laden audience said that very thing. They whispered "Look at those shoes, oh my god! Look at that dress!" They whimpered "Awww Aidan," and they cursed Carrie's feathered accessory on her big wedding day.

And unfortunately, they proved the critics right, and little ol' me, wrong. Very wrong.

While I promise that not ALL of my future posts will involve the Sex and the City Movie, this one will.

Because after claiming that it doesn't "objectify women."
After insisting that it's not "all about labels!" and crying that I watch it for the friendship not the f......

The audience proved me wrong.
They wanted shoes and labels.
They wanted Mr. "Nice Guy" Aidan.
They wanted to get the very things from the movie that I considered extraneous while watching the show.

I wanted love not Louis Vuitton (I had to look up how to spell that by the way).

And so I wondered... were they the exception?
Or was I?
Can women really be so predictable?

Because if that's so US... we need help from someone other than Hollywood.

No comments: