Friday, August 8, 2008

Blog Party

I always thought concerts were better with best friends rather than boyfriends. A group of girls, not afraid to get silly. There would be lots of dancing and fun, screaming and laughing in a way men never seem to understand.

So you can imagine my apprehension last night when I went to NYC to see my favorite English Indie band, Bloc Party with my boyfriend.

He bought the tickets. He drove. He searched for parking in the crazy streets, and I just kept my fingers crossed that the evening would be a success sans best-girl-friend.

And after a few hours of bouncing and ponging with the crowd. After throwing my arms up and holding my too-long damp hair on top of my head to cool off from the amazing show, I looked around and realized it was...
The. Best. Show. I'd. Ever. Been .To.

Maybe it was the band.

Or maybe... it was the fact I realized the best accessory for a good time at the rock show isn't necessarily a girl-best-friend.

It's a freedom you can only find when you realize you're completely comfortable in your surroundings, and the person you're with. Boyfriend, or not.


The inspiration for this Blog Party found here.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Are guys good for concerts or should you just bring the girls?