Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sounds like me

If my life were a mixed tape... (What? I grew up in the 80s)!

AGE: My youngest self
SONG: "Cookie Monster's Song" from Sesame Street.
WHY: I. Loved. That. Show.
And while I consider old episodes to now be pretty high on the creepy scale, back in the day Burt and Ernie were "just friends," and the Cookie Monster was my hero.
(Okay, okay, the Cookie Monster still is my hero).

AGE: Pre-teen Chrissie Lynn
THE SONG: "I think we're alone now" by Tiffany.
WHY: Not because I actually knew what the words really meant... but because my best friend and I knew all the words and could sing just like Tiffany. The paradox was that while we listened to such a "grown up song" we of course were also playing with Barbie who obviously was holding her own concert, posed as Tiffany herself.

THE AGE: Teen-Tart Chrissie Lynn
THE SONG: "Self Esteem" by The Offspring
WHY: My first CD. I thought I was cool. This was the first of the 12 songs that I learned all the words to and would scream at the top of my lungs from my purple-painted bedroom while laying on my Unicorn bedspread.

THE AGE: College-Crisp Chrissie Lynn
THE SONG: "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big and Rich
WHY: Because it brings memories to mind of my old roomie and I belting out the lyrics at the top of our lungs, changing up the funniest parts to fit our real-life. "So I saddle up my horse and ride into Mahoney's..."

THE AGE: Now
THE SONG: "Breakable" by Ingrid Michaelson.
WHY: Because it's the first time, in a long time that lyrics made me feel something for a brief moment while listening and a voice matched the beauty rather than took away from it.







What would be on the soundtrack to your life?

1 comment:

engaged said...

Right now Fall Out Boy's Dance, Dance would be playing, because that song makes me giddy, and I'm giddy about life!