Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fan mail

We'd like to share some recent fan mail (without, of course, disclosing the person's name/e-mail, cause that would be rude.):

To: oddcoup@gmail.com
"I think you do not have a brain between all of you. This guy is an a**hole with a big furry hat, There is no way any woman would go out with him not even go to bed with him. Just look at him! He makes me sick just to think about it. Why would I or anyone considering a life after this want him? He is a star seeking wannabe! All he wants is to be on TV. He has no proof of who he is or what he can bring to the table.If he can not even put his own name on it, he is most ashamed of himself!

What Losers You Are."



Well, Miss #1 Odd Couple Fan,

We're assuming you were speaking of "Mystery" of PUA fame... and yes, he does wear a big furry hat. You should be aware that women who are most appalled by him tend to be the first to fall for his antics.

As for Chrissie and I not having a brain between us ... I posted below a diagram to shed some light on that ...
.... Well, it seems you are correct. Not a brain between us. But we do have plenty of love and scotch ... and that sounds like a good time to me.
As for the last statement about us being losers — any harsh criticisms like that have to be addressed to "Reverend Sten," and be warned, there is a special place for people who attack members of the clergy.

22 comments:

Macgyver said...

:)

Sten said...

Well put. If you have anything else to say Tough Guy, this is where you should say it.

E said...

Love the illustration!
I also love how the most angry letter writers never bother to hit spell check or proof read.
Be angry but at least be angry with proper grammar!

Sten said...

It's not an illustration. That is an actual x-ray ;)

Yuki said...

Oh dear o.O

So what's the little red thing in your head, Sten? A flower? Some leftover blood from the last person who insulted you? A portal to a new dimension?

Thomas G Henry said...

zatta bleeding maple leaf? syrup, perhaps?


VWord: sobstan

Sten said...

Bleeding maple leaf.

"fierses" said...

i love it when idiots attack. it's so precious. i mean, idiots may be ubiquitous in our world, but it's a rare moment when one of them gets all up in your grill with their insolence and self-delusional import. it's really just so funny and cute -- they speak with such tenacity and conviction, and yet they have not a clue what they're talking about. priceless.



"fierses" is the Vword. luuuvv it. like a greek god. or a roman general. maximus fierses meridius.

Sten said...

While I obviously found the message amusing, I don't want to take away from the honest frustration this person felt over the topic of Neggn' and PUAs ... which many women do find offensive.

That having been said, yes "Fierses," the exhibited insolence was adorable. I hope others feel as free to unleash their fury on the Odd Couple.

Colin said...

I always get a good laugh out of anyone who would choose to argue ANYTHING online. It's about as productive as spitting on a forest fire to put it out.

That said, why include anything else than the Scotch Sten? Scotch in and of itself is pure joy in a glass, why would you need maple syrup or the blood of Canadians or whatever that is?

Wraith said...

you're bigger people than i. this would anger me to no end.

captcha: orral

Sten said...

Nah, I'm tickled pink over this one.

Sten said...

Oh, and good point, Colin ... but I was just showing what the x-ray found. Don't know how it all got in there.

Chrissie said...

No words describe how much I love this.

(Which is appropriate, since the spot where my "brain" should be is instead filled with warm wishes and hearts for everyone;)

<3

Sten said...

Are those warm wishes for 'Mystery' too?

aka the Ralph Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aka the Ralph Man said...

I actually agree with your hater...

You girls don't have a furry lap between the two of yous... not one that an a**hole would wanna put his big brain between anyway. You're just Star seeking wannabe's on TV'ers but your just Poskeepsies journals Odd Couple a dorks

Oh and, why would I or anyone considering a life after this want him?

You losers!

Chrissie said...

Ralphie, you're ridiculous. I know where you'd like to put your furry hat!

Just ask Sten for her number and get it over with... ;)

Sten said...

I want to encourage "haters," conflict certainly makes life more interesting ... I only ask that you "hate" in coherent sentences ... it's hard to sort things out in my scotch brain.

sarah said...

Poskeepsies? I think that's in Ohio. He must have the wrong girls.

Digitalis said...

You know you've hit the big time when someone sends you hate mail with the spelling and grammar skills of a three year old.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this, but I am in love with your diagram...although I think it might be better if it was a saphire and tonic ;)