Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Single Serving


In my single days I was often accompanied by my wing-woman. A gal whose lust for life, love, and the pursuit of vanilla vodka matched my own.

But while we were similar in a lot of ways, we definitely had our differences and were therefore worthy of individual attention.

And yet, I can't begin to tell you how many times I felt as if WE were being hit on by ONE man, who wasn't particularly interested in ONE of us, but who simply wanted A GIRL for his own.

It didn't matter which of us declined or accepted his offer...
This type of guy was out to find "women" in general, not me and not her exclusively.

And when we were approached as some unified object whose only purpose was to provide that guy with affection, we declined.

Because while some men seem to think EVERYTHING in this world is super sized...

When dating it's still best to ask for a single serving if you hope to satisfy your craving.

3 comments:

Sten said...

I think some times 2 girls go out and they almost appear to be a package deal. Like kickball in kindergarten.

If you don't separate to mingle and a guy approaches, is it so unreasonable that he might try to engage you both to see who's more his match?

Same goes for a girl approaching a couple guys. You shoot the poo until you feel a spark with one. Then you lure him away from his pack ...

Chrissie said...

i can see the "approaching two ladies in a friendly manner and see who is a better match" thing...

but i think too often a guy will do this, strike out with the first attempt and then obviously hit on her friend, which then makes lady number two the obvious second choice.

i think approaching TWO women is fine, but when one declines, move on to a new group of women and try your luck.

no one likes the "remember how he liked you first!" conversation months later if things happen to work out;)

Sten said...

Can't relate to that one ...

I'm usually out with my guy friends ... if someone hits on D. first, they hardly ever try to hit on me next ;)