Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Who gives a hair?


Ah balding. Nature's way of humbling men.

But is it as big a deal as most men think?

This was another guy's night topic that shed more light on my male pal's psyches. I'll be darned, more than one of them is feeling their confidence thinning.

So Brawny turns to me and says "Sten, gives us a woman's perspective on balding men."

"Two words," I say, "Bruce Willis."

If a man has a nice face and his head isn't oddly shaped, he'll look good bald too.
Whatever you do, DO NOT GROW A COMB OVER!!! Ever. It never looks good. Bad idea.

I also don't think women (generally) hold as much stock in looks (or hair) as men do.

For a woman, her hair is a huge part of her identity, and a symbol of alluring femininity. A lot of guys their chick to have long silky hair they can run their fingers through.

Although, even women can rock the bald look ... check out Natalie Portman in "V for Vendetta," Demi Moore in "GI Jane," or Sigourney Weaver in "Alien 3."

5 comments:

aka the Ralph Man said...

What about gray/white hairs? I think I'm gonna catch the salt and pepper thing over the next few years and I'm gonna rock it.

Wraith said...

i like to think that if my hairline retreated it wouldn't matter to me much. i think i'm more likely to share the Ralph Man's affliction. and by affliction i mean be a distinguished sean connery lookin' mother******.
As far as women's hair is concerned. short, long, or gone it don't matter to me. i will find her attractive no matter what.

Colin said...

I started losing mine in college and still managed to land a hot, sexy girlfriend at that time so it never bothered me much. When it started to thin all the way through the center, I decided it was time to invest $30 and save on the cost of haircuts for the rest of my life and bought a set of clippers. Been doing the shaved head thing ever since. The fiancee has seen pictures of me [i]with[/i] hair and doesn't think I look good that way, so it all worked out well in the end.

Of course, I have a nicely shaped head, I feel sorry for those guys that have egg-shaped heads who can't really go the full-bald route.

Oh, and Sten, trekkies everywhere are crying 'foul' at the lack of a nod to Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart).

Chrissie said...

i think hair matters a lot less than some men think. the key word (as usual) here is CONFIDENCE.

if a guy can be confident with his bald head or his gray locks then i'm all for it. the last thing a gal wants is a guy who is constantly combing his hair over or dying it out of "shame."

i'll admit, the only style on a guy i don't find attractive is LONG hair, and by that i mean long like mine, not the guy who gets a '3' instead of a '2' with the clippers.

Chuckles said...

Yeah, I don't have much to worry about in the balding department, but I'm definitely gonna rock the reed Richards look. I already have a mess of grey when I look at the pile of hair from around my ears in a pile at the barbers, soon it will be out of control.

As for women, a women never gets more attention than when she has long luxurious hair, few women can rock the short hair. As for aging women, middle aged to older women often have short hair, I think because it is easier, they get it short. Think about the amount of short haired 45+ women you see. It is a serious mistake.

Thanks Chrissy, geuss I won't be asking you out any time soon. haha