Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little Girl Dreams


Unlike Chrissie, I didn't play "house" when I was a wee chick. I'd play "explorer" in the woods ... making trails and discovering plants and animals in the wilderness ... or "indians" with my brother – we'd build wigwams and make bows and arrows out of the big weeping willow tree in the backyard. So early thoughts on marriage or having children were vacant from my leaf and dirt covered head.

But I was not immune to pre-adolescent crushes. Oh no – as tough as I was, I was oh so smitten as a tyke. We didn't go to the same elementary school ... which was devastating at first. I wished and wished with all of my little girl heart that that would change.

Then it came true. When I got to 4th grade his family moved and we were finally in the same school. Because, you know, going to a different school is like being in a different universe (as home and school is your entire world as a child).

So we were aquainted again in elementary school ...
We went to the same high school ...
Even the same college ...
My little girl wish had come true ...

... But in all that wishing and little girl hoping, it never occured to me to wish that he'd turn out straight.

So, little ones wish away, it just might come true.
But be specific ... or the joke will be on you.

4 comments:

aka the Ralph Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aka the Ralph Man said...

Ha... sounds like when you were playing Pocahontas, he was playing Brokeback Mountain

Toughguy said...

ew, underage sodomy is gross.

mohawk said...

i like how you drew the line at underage sodomy.