Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Family time


I didn't realize how much my family resembled a jackpot for squirrels until I started regularly having a boyfriend around.

At first everyone is quiet ... friendly ... masters of small talk even. But by the 5th time you integrate your love with your blood, things start to get messy. Family differences become open conversation and when the loony bickering finally breaks free from their temporary grips on sanity, you find yourself inching down in your chair smiling sheepishly at your mate hoping he's too hooked to bolt for the door.

God, I wish I cooked for him more.

5 comments:

Header said...

Did you give him the forbidden word list in advance?

Sten said...

Hah! Yeah, he was warned. However ... the list is somewhat mercurial.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahha!!!

Toughguy said...

stupid list. i said "suck it up" and i got the look.
in my defense i used the word in it's traditional sense:

suck (suhk) - v. to draw or be drawn by or as if by suction.

andy said...

try living with the family...